We are looking for people with a genuine passion for working with very young children. You’ll be able to take learning beyond the classroom and interact with outdoor and forest learning, cooking and gardening – this won’t just be another day in the classroom!.
They say it takes a village to raise a child – and very young children need your support now more than ever. As an Ark Start Early Childhood Educator, you’ll be working as part of a team of experienced practitioners and qualified teachers to ensure that every child gets the very best early education.
At Ark Start, you will receive regular high quality and bespoke training so you can continue a career in early years or perhaps go on to train as a teacher.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of achieving our mission to provide every child, regardless of their background, a great early education and ensure they are ready to thrive when they start school.
“I always sing praises for Ark Start, because I know how it’s different. I’ve been here 15 months and, despite my 33 years in Early Years, I’m now a better practitioner. That’s a direct consequence of the investment in my skills since I started. It’s nothing else.” Rachel Thompson.
Job Description: Early Educator
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven commitment to continued professional development and self reflection, and a desire to continuously change, improve and develop.
- Experience of developing effective and positive relationships with young children.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- An effective communicator with children, staff and parents.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and manage your time efficiently
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Competent user of ICT.
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every child
- A robust awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns
- A team player that can work in partnership with colleagues
- A flexible attitude with an ability to demonstrate sound judgement and use your own initiative
- Patient, positive and caring nature
Calm and professional under pressure
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- To ensure a high standard care for all children
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, learn and develop
- To have the skill, creativity, commitment, energy and enthusiasm required to be an excellent early educator
Outcomes and activities:
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To follow the nursery safeguarding and health and safety procedures to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- To be aware of and implement children with SEND’s individual targets
- To support play partners to complete assessments on child development
- To support the room leader to implement the curriculum
- To interact and play with children, extending their learning in a developmentally appropriate manner
- To participate fully in planning meetings and professional development
- To keep records of children’s development and ensure all record keeping is up to date and accurate
- Intimate care of children when required
- To ensure mealtimes are a pleasant social experience and feed back to parents on any issues
- To undertake required domestic jobs within the nursery as required
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures within the nursery
- To work with families and parents / carers
- To provide cover when required
- To undertake any other duties as determined by the management
Diversity and Inclusion at Ark
At Ark Start, we have a particular responsibility to advocate for diversity and inclusion to make a positive difference to the lives of our pupils. We believe that inclusivity and representation of people, circumstances, identities, cultures, and ethnicities from all sections of society make us stronger as individuals and as an organisation.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We welcome any candidate requests for reasonable adjustments to the selection process in order to ensure equal access to all candidates.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children, which will be tested at interview. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.